The former North Tonawanda City Hall was located on the southeast corner of Main and Tremont. The current North Tonawanda City Hall and police station was dedicated in 1930, built at a cost of $200,000. The lot was previously a rail and lumber yard, with an exhausted gravel pit at its western end (today, Felton Field). By 1965 the jail featured five cells, and one "Ladies Detention Area," which we can only assume the demure, respectable ladies of our city never had occasion to visit.
Photo by Dennis Reed Jr