North Presbyterian Church, North Tonawanda, postcard (c1910)


North Presbyterian Church, North Tonawanda, postcard (c1910).jpg

Dublin Core

Title

North Presbyterian Church, North Tonawanda, postcard (c1910).jpg

Description

From their website:
North Presbyterian Church was organized on April 30, 1891 as part of the Niagara Presbytery. Prior to that Presbyterians in North Tonawanda had attended First Presbyterian Church, Tonawanda. The Rev. Henry Sanborne was ordained and installed at the first minister of the church.

The congregation purchased a church building at 195 Schenck Street and met there for 8 years. The building now is home to the Ghost Light Theater group. On May 17, 1898 ground was broken for a new church at 168 Payne Avenue. The cost of the building, lot and adjacent manse at 166 Payne was $29,000.

Date

1910

Tags: