Dom Polski

Dublin Core


Dom Polski


Steve Litwin has sketched the following for us on his website:

The land the club now stands on was obtained March 28, 1917 by the POLISH FALCON GYMNASTIC ASSOCIATION, INC. by purchase from the late STANLEY and JULIA GOSCINSKI. This organization was originally formed under the title of INDEPENDENT POLISH FALCONS June 20, 1913. The change of title to HARMONIA SINGING CIRCLE, INC. came June 11, 1914 by the merger of POLISH FALCONS and IM TADEUSZ KOSCIUSZKO. The construction of the building was undertaken June 6, 1919 when the HARMONIA SINGING SOCIETY signed a contract with W. M. MILLER, the contractor, to erect a building on the present site at a cost of $12,350.00. It was signed by Joseph Oleksak, president and John Wieloszynski, secretary.

On December 5, 1921, the Board of Directors of THE HARMONIA SINGING SOCIETY voted a merger with THE KNIGHTS OF ST. CASIMER to form one organization to be known as STOW. OBYWATELI DOMU POLSKIEGO,INC.